Simplistic Country~Style Sausage Gravy


Simplistic Country~Style Sausage Gravy

 

A scrumptious breakfast comfort food

 3:29pm               
This recipe has been a favorite in our home for many years. Since I was little, whenever my mom asked me what I wanted for breakfast, I would always request biscuits and gravy.
Anytime I ever had a sleepover, my mom and I would run out to the store to get the ingredients necessary to make my favorite breakfast for the next day. Waking up groggy the morning after, eyes half open, stumbling down the stairs, and perpetually yawning, my girlies and I would arrive in the kitchen to find my mom welcoming us to her Bed & Breakfast. The kitchen table would be set up family style with bacon, scrambled eggs, ham, juice, chocolate milk, fresh fruit, and, of course, best of all, my personal favorite: biscuits and gravy.
Now we share this  simplistic country~style sausage gravy with you.
     

Ingredients

·         1/2lb. Sausage
·         2 TBS. Butter
·         2 TBS Flour
·         16 fl oz. Heavy Whipping Cream
·         Salt & Pepper
·         Water (as needed to thin the gravy)

Instructions

    1.       Crumble sausage into frying pan set to medium-high heat. Constancy flipping and breaking it apart with a wooden spoon until fully cooked.

    2.       Stir in butter and flour; let cook for a few minutes.

    3.       Add whipping cream to the pan.

    4.       Salt & pepper to taste.

    4.       Constantly stirring, as it starts to boil it will thicken.

    5.       Add water if necessary if the gravy becomes too thick.

    6.       Serve with biscuits and enjoy!

Bon Appetité!



 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
  ~ 1 Corinthians 13:4

Comments

Popular Posts